Our vision is:
Learn, Grow and Flourish
“They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Drawing from Jeremiah 17:8:
Our children are at the centre of everything we do:
- They are nurtured through the teachings and values of Christianity, and respect other faiths.
- They are fully aware of their value, their role within the school and the wider community.
- They feel safe at St Giles’ knowing they can make mistakes and face any challenges that life brings.
- They understand themselves and are respectful and compassionate.
- They realise their potential and are equipped with the skills to face a changing world.
To accomplish this, we will:
- Provide an innovative, broad and balanced curriculum that stimulates interest and enjoyment for all.
- Promote teaching excellence through support and training for all staff.
- Seek opportunities to work in partnership with other schools, parents, businesses and other agencies.
- Instil a growth mind set culture praising effort over ability.
- Establish Christian values and a warm culture of understanding and respectfulness.
- Challenge all learners with a range of strategies and in different contexts.